Climate change and related causes are currently posing numerous problems to people and our planet. Depleting energy resources and rising environmental concerns are producing a slew of problems for governments all over the globe. As a result, geologists and earth scientists now have more chances to meet society's demands for natural resources while still preserving the planet's natural beauty.
Earth scientists and geologists are important contributors to efforts to overcome climate and energy-related concerns. But, exactly, what are earth sciences? What types of jobs are available in the field of earth sciences?
What does Earth Sciences encompass?
The study of the Earth and its space companions are known as Earth Science. It's a vibrant field with a lot of interesting and useful applications.
Geosciences and Geology
Earth sciences examine the Earth's origin, evolution, and future by combining physics, chemistry, and biology with geology, geography, and palaeontology.
Earth scientists in one group use their knowledge of the planet to find and develop energy and mineral resources. Others research the effects of humans on the environment and devise ways to safeguard the earth. A few earth scientists use their knowledge of Earth activities such as volcanoes, earthquakes, and storms to construct settlements that will not be harmed by such disasters.
Earth Science's Most Important Fields
- Geology is the science of the earth.
- Meteorology (atmospheric science) is the study of the atmosphere.
- Oceanography is the study of the seas.
- Astronomy is the study of the universe.
Top Job Profiles
- Engineering Geologists
- Hydrologists and Mineralogists
- Marine Geologists
- Petroleum Geologists
- Environmental consultant
- Remote sensing Specialist
- Groundwater specialist
- Mining or marine engineer
- Environmental scientist
- Marine geologist
- Petroleum Engineer
- Environmental lawyer
Geology and Earth Science, and their subjects
- Marine Geology
- Mining Engineering
Top Employers offering jobs in India for Geology and Earth Sciences Graduates
- GSI (Geological Survey of India)
- ONGC SAIL Coal India
- GMDC (Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation)
- Government operated Quarries
- BPCL OIL
- National Mineral Development Corporation
- Odisha Mining Corporation
- Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals
- Tamil Nadu Minerals Limited