PNB SO: Eligibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card & Result
Updated On - Sep 29, 2021
PNB SO is conducted by Punjab National Bank to recruit a Specialist Officer, SO (Manager & Senior Manager). All the candidates who are interested and meet the eligibility criteria can apply to the posts. The mode of applying is online, candidates can visit the official website (https://www.pnbindia.in/).
As per the latest update on the exam, the PNB SO 2020-21 result had been declared on January 14, 2021.
A recruitment notification is announced by the Punjab National Bank for SO post every year.
For 2020, a total of 535 vacancies was announced which will be filled by deserving candidates soon. The application form for PNB SO 2021 is yet to be released. The aspirants cannot apply for multiple posts.
Table of Contents
|Exam Name||PNB SO Recruitment 2021|
|Full-Form||Punjab National Bank Specialist Officer Recruitment 2021|
|Conducted by||Punjab National Bank|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Date||November 2021(tentative)|
To be announced
|PNB SO Post||Vacancies|
|Manager ( HR)||10|
|Senior Manager (Risk)||40|
|Senior Manager (Credit)||50|
- Only the Indian Nationals can apply.
- Tibetan refugees who migrated to India before January 1, 1962, and are presently living in India can apply.
- A Person of Indian Origin who migrated from the prescribed countries (list of the countries is mentioned on the official website) countries to live permanently in India can apply.
- Candidates who belong to these categories need to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Indian Government at the time of applying
Candidates applying to these posts must have relevant work experience as well.
|PNB SO Post||Educational Qualification|
|Manager, Risk||Completed a bachelor/Masters degree in Math/ Statistics/ Economics/ or FRM/ PRM/ DTIRM/ MBA/CA, etc. with at least 60% marks|
|Manager, Credit||CA/ICWA/MBA or a PG degree/diploma. They must have received a degree or diploma from an AICTE approved institute only|
|Manager, Treasury||MBA (Finance) or equivalent degree;|
|Candidates CA/ ICWA/CFA/CAIIB/ PGPBF minimum of 60% in aggregate.||Manager, Law|
|Graduation with a law degree or 5 years integrated course from a recognized university||Manager, Architect|
|UG degree in Architecture||Manager, Civil
B.E./ B. Tech Course in Civil Engineering
|Manager, HR||PG Degree/Diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/HR/ HRD/ HRM with not less than 60% marks|
|Manager, Economics||PG Degree in Economics with 60% marks or CGPA from the recognized University|
|Senior Manager, Risk||UG/PG degree in Math/ Statistics/ Economics/ or FRM/ PRM/ DTIRM/ MBA (Finance)/ CA/ ICWA/ CFA/ PGPBF PGPBF minimum of 60% in aggregate.|
|Senior Manager, Credit||CA/ICWA/MBA or PGDM (specialization in Finance) or Similar PG degree/ diploma from any AICTE approved institute. Candidates with scores lesser than 60% in aggregate will not be considered.|
The minimum age limit for the post of PNB SO Managers and Senior Managers varies from each other. The age relaxations will be applicable based on the norms set by the Indian government.
|Manager||Lower age limit: 25 Years upper age limit: 35 Years|
|Senior Manager||Lower age limit: 25 Years upper age limit: 37 Years|
|Relaxation in age to SC/ST candidates||5 Years|
|Age relaxation for OBC candidates||3 Years|
|Age relaxation for PwD category candidates||10 Years|
|Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen||5 years|
|Children/Family members of those who died in the 1984 riots also get age relaxation||3 years|
Application fee For PNB SO Recruitment
- Candidates belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, or PWBD category have to pay INR 175
- Candidates belonging to the unreserved category have to pay INR 85
How to Apply for PNB SO?
Candidates can apply for one post only. The detailed method to apply online is discussed below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the Register for PNB SO tab and start filling the form.
- You must upload your latest photograph in the prescribed format with your signature on it.
- Candidates writing their name in capital letters will not be accepted
- Upload all the mandatory documents.
- Pay the application fees according to the category.
- After that click on the submits button to complete the application process.
Exam Pattern 2021
The selection process for PNB SO Recruitment 2021 will be divided into two rounds mentioned below:
- Online Test
The applicants qualifying for the Online exam will be called for the interview round. The Interview round will be carrying a total of 35 marks. The applicants need to score a minimum of 40% for qualifying for the Interview round. The applicant needs to clear both rounds to be selected for the applied post. A merit list will be prepared after the commencement of the Interview round. This merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by the candidates in the online test conducted by PNB as well as marks secured in the interview round.
|Section||Total Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Professional Knowledge (important for the Post)||50||75|
0.25 marks will be cut for wrong answers.
No deduction of marks for the questions left unanswered
The roles and responsibilities of a Punjab National Bank Specialist Officer depend upon the area of its specialization. Below are described job profiles for various posts of Specialist Officer in Punjab National Bank.
- IT Specialist Officer: IT Specialist Officer has the responsibility to manage both software and hardware work in the bank, whether it is related to ATM, net banking or mobile banking. They are responsible to manage the database of the customers and provide network security to their money. Usually, those candidates who have completed their graduation in Engineering are eligible for the IT officer position.
- Agricultural Field Specialist Officer: The responsibility of the Agricultural Field Specialist Officer is to provide bank related information to all the farmers including cultivators too and encouraging them to opt for banking services. His job is also to update them about all the latest technologies like Greenhouse and Hi-Tech Farming and also explaining them with a related financial product like Kisan Credit card.
- Marketing Specialist Officer: The major role of a Marketing Officer in banks, is to improve the market presence and profits of the bank through marketing campaigns and various promotional activities.
- HR/Personnel Officer: They are responsible for the hiring of candidates in the banks. Their job is to handle the induction and training process of new employees and the creation of salary accounts etc.
- Lawyer as Specialist Officer: Specialist Officer as a lawyer in the bank is responsible for providing legal assistance and preparing legal documents for the bank and its branches.
- Chartered Accountant as Specialist Officer: Chartered Accountant in the bank has the responsibility to do the auditing-related work of the clients and they are the head of the entire accounting related job in the bank. They also monitor financial profit and loss inside the bank, in terms of finance
I Hope, your doubts are clear about the job profile, salary, and responsibilities of a Specialist Officer in banks. If your educational qualification matches the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Specialist Officer exam.
PNB SO Cut Off 2019
Steps for downloading the Admit Card for PNB SO Recruitment 2021:
- The applicants are required to check the official website of the bank.
- The applicants must look for the “admit card” link on the home page of the website and click it.
- Now, the applicants must enter all the mandatory details like registration number, user password, etc. and click on the submit button.
- After this, the admit card of the applicant will be displayed on-screen.
- Finally, take the print-out of the PNB SO Recruitment Admit Card and preserve it for future reference.
Topic-wise Preparation Strategy
Knowing the topics and having the best books help only when the students know how to approach each topic for the exam to be thorough with all of them. No two topics are the same and do not take similar practices. Thus go through our tips to prepare to the best of your abilities.
- This section focuses on vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, error-detection, para-jumbles, idioms, phrases, reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, etc. For the English portion, enhance your vocabulary by inculcating a habit of reading every day, brush up your grammar and solve practice papers. For this section, the students need to develop a habit of reading and writing every day. This helps with vocabulary as well as grammar and syntax.
- It includes topics like Coding-Decoding, Syllogism, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Ranking and Order, and others.
- This is the most logical section of the paper and very easy to score.
- The approach should be to practice this section every day and revise everything studied regularly.
- This is the toughest section of the Prelims Paper and includes Ratio and Proportion, Speed and Distance, Average, Time and Work, Data Interpretation, Number Series, Simplification, and Quadratic Equation.
- This section is all about calculations and the student needs to be good with numbers to ace this.
- The best strategy is to by heart all the basic theories and formulas, and practice as much as possible.This section requires more and more practice.
Other Preparation Strategies
- The aspirants of the PNB SO exam must stay updated with the official notifications released concerning the exam.
- With all the preparation tips, it is most important to remember not to start solving the practise papers and question papers until one has finished studying the syllabus thoroughly.
- All the candidates must note down all the formulas and rules and revise them every day.
- They must also implement the rules of grammar while talking and writing notes to practice.
- The aspirants should try to use new and uncommon words in daily life to get acquainted with them and enhance their vocabulary.
How to check the IPPB 2021 Result?
The results for PNB SO Recruitment 2021 will be declared by the Punjab National Bank. The results for PNB SO Recruitment will be declared in December 2021. The results will be published on the official website of the bank. PNB SO Recruitment Results will consist of the list of selected candidates, who will then have to appear for the next phase of selection.
Ques. When to apply for this post?
Ans. The deserving candidates having relevant experience can apply online for the PNB SO Recruitment 2021 as soon as the notification is released.
Ques. How many candidates will get selected for these posts?
Ans. A total of 535 vacancies are out which will be filled by deserving candidates.
Ques. Can you tell me the vacancies for which I can apply in PNB SO?
Ans. The available posts include Manager and Senior. Manager for the PNB SO Recruitment.
Ques. Do I need to appear in the interview round as well, in case I clear the written exam?
Ans. Yes, post clearing the written exam, you are supposed to appear in the interview as well.
Ques. I belong to the SC reserved category, how much amount do I need to pay to apply?
Ans. The application fee for the candidates belonging to the SC category has to pay INR 175 while the application fees for the candidates belonging to the unreserved category have to pay INR 850.
Ques. Am I eligible to apply to more than one post for PNB SO?
Ans. No, candidates are permitted to apply for one post only.
Ques. I have pursued an MBA course (through correspondence), am I allowed to apply for PNB SO Exam?
Ans.No, the minimum eligibility requirement for the post of PNB SO is a full-time course of 2 years duration.
IDBI ExecutiveSep 4, 2021
NABARD Grade BSep 17, 2021
NABARD Grade ASep 18, 2021
IDBI Executive Admit Card 2021 Published on the Official Portal
IDBI Bank has uploaded IDBI Executive Admit Card 2021 on the official website. Candidates who have appeared for Executive posts can refer to the official website of IDBI Bank, idbibank.in to download the same.Aug 31,2021
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis 2021 for August 29 (All Shifts); Check
SBI has successfully conducted the SBI Clerk Prelims exam in the remaining 4 centers - Shillong, Agartala, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), and Nashik centers in 4 shifts. There were four sections in the question paper.Aug 31,2021