SBI PO 2021: Eligibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card & Result
Updated On - Sep 1, 2021
SBI PO 2021: Every year State Bank of India conducts a recruitment process for hiring eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officers. The notification for FY 2021-22 will be released soon on the official website @sbi.co.in. The selection process will be conducted through 3 stages namely Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The candidates have to qualify for all three stages to be selected as a PO in SBI branches. SBI is a prestigious bank providing handsome salary and job security to its employees which is one of the reasons lakhs of candidates rush for these recruitments.
The SBI PO 2021-22 Notification is expected to be released in the month of September / October 2021 to recruit 2000 Probationary Officers (PO) in different offices of SBI in India. SBI PO 2021 Exam Dates, Online Application & other details will be released along with its official notification. This recruitment process will be started for the selection of candidates for the post of PO in the State Bank of India and its Associate banks. The candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
Table of Contents
Brand value of SBI and reputation associated with SBI PO post
- Lucrative pay scale which is highest among PSU Banks
- Growth opportunities where even a PO can progress to the level of Chairperson
- Job satisfaction and social prestige
SBI PO Exam Dates
Not yet declared
SBI PO Vacancy
SBI PO Vacancy (PwD Category)
|d & e||20||7||27|
*VI: Vision Impairment
*HI: Hearing Impairment
*LD: Learning Disabilities
SBI PO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate applying for SBI PO must fulfil the eligibility criteria which includes fulfilment of the following:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
1) Age Limit
The minimum age limit for a candidate to apply for the SBI examination is 21 years old but not more than 30 years old at the time of registration. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category wise candidates as per the government norms.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) - 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD)- 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)- 5 years
- Persons with Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989- 5 years
- The candidates must hold Indian Citizenship
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Note: Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
3) Educational Qualification
- A candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Final Year/Semester candidates can also apply only if they produce proof of their graduation on the date of the interview.
SBI PO 2021: Number of Attempts
For each category, the number of attempts allowed in the SBI PO Exam is:
|Category||No of Attempts|
|SC/ST (PwD)||No Restriction|
How to Apply Online for SBI PO 2021?
It is advised that the candidates keep a valid and active email id and contact no. throughout the SBI PO Recruitment Process to receive all the updates related to it. The Steps to apply online for the SBI PO will comprise of two stages: || Registration | Login | The steps to apply online is given below.
Click on the official link, sbi.co.in
Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
Click on New Registration in the application window.
Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form of SBI PO.
After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
Application Fees For SBI PO 2021
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2.||General and Others||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021: Prelims
- This is the first round of the SBI PO Exam.
- This will have 3 sections where each section will have to be completed in 20 Minutes.
- The total marks of the SBI PO Prelims Exam are 100 Marks while the duration of the exam is 1 Hour.
- One (1) mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer marked by the candidate.
- All the questions will be set bilingually i.e. in English and Hindi, except the English Language.
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Mains
This is the 2nd Stage of the SBI PO Exam. The candidates who will qualify for the Prelims of the SBI PO Exam will be eligible to appear for the SBI PO Mains Exam 2021.
- There will be four sections for the SBI PO Mains Exam and an additional section of the English Language which will be taken separately on the same date of the exam.
- The SBI PO Mains Exam will have a total of 155 MCQ’s of a total duration of 3 Hours.
- There will be separate timing for each section as it was in the SBI PO Mains Exam.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 Marks for an incorrect answer.
Introduction of Descriptive Test
The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The English Language Paper is to assess the candidates’ writing skills and it is compulsory to pass this paper by securing a minimum Cut Off by the commission.
SBI PO Interview
Candidates qualifying in the objective and descriptive test will be called for a group exercise & interview.
- The SBI PO Group Exercises will be of 20 marks while the Interview will be of 30 marks. Thus, making it a total of 50 Marks.
- Qualification/ qualifying marks in the group exercise and interview is decided by the Bank. Aggregate marks will decide the qualification after which they will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
SBI PO Syllabus 2021
Here the syllabus for the SBI Prelims and SBI Mains is given below. Every stage of the exam is a very important stage in the selection process. So without knowing the SBI PO syllabus and exam pattern, you cannot make your study plan properly. Given below is the syllabus for all the stages of the SBI PO Exam 2021.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2021
The SBI PO Prelims Syllabus will comprise of three sections:
- Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- The syllabus for each of the sections is presented below.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2021
The SBI PO Mains will have five sections.
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English language
SBI PO Mains English Language Syllabus
This section tests candidates command over English grammar and vocabulary. The topics for the English Language section are listed below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Paragraph Completion
- Multiple Meaning/ Error Spotting
- Sentence Completion
- Tenses Rules
SBI PO Mains Reasoning Syllabus
Here is the SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Reasoning Ability:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Circular Seating Arrangement
- Linear Seating Arrangement
- Double Lineup
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distance
- Ordering and Ranking
- Code Inequalities
- Data Sufficiency
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Analytical and Decision Making
SBI PO Mains Data Analysis & Interpretation Syllabus
Here is the SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Data Analysis & Interpretation:
- Tabular Graph
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
- Charts & Tables
- Missing Case DI
- Radar Graph Caselet
- Data Sufficiency
- Let it Case DI
- Permutation and Combination
- Pie Charts
SBI PO Mains General Awareness Syllabus
This section tests candidates knowledge in current affairs as well as banking and economy. The various topics for this section are listed below:
- Current Affairs – Technology, Sports, Awards, Books & Authors, Awards, National & International Events, etc.
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Static Awareness
- Banking Terminologies Knowledge
- Banking Awareness
- Principles of Insurance
SBI PO Mains Computer Aptitude Syllabus
This section tests candidates basic knowledge of Computer hardware and software. The candidate should have a basic understanding of computer operation to get through this section. The topics included in this section are listed below:
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Computer Abbreviation
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Operating System
- Computer Fundamentals/ Terminologies
- Number System
- Basic of Logic Gates
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test Syllabus
The descriptive test has two sections, namely, Essay Writing and Letter Writing. Usually, official or business letters are asked in the test. Essay topics could be related to the economy, society, culture, or politics.
SBI PO Interview Syllabus 2021
Candidates can check the following important points regarding SBI PO GD and PI mentioned below:
The Group Exercises will be conducted for 20 marks and 30 marks will be allotted for the Interview.
Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under the ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit an OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause.
Candidates should score minimum qualifying marks in this phase to get considered for final selection.
SBI PO Job Profile 2021
Let us now understand what exactly does an SBI Probationary Officer do?
- After joining, SBI PO is subject to a probation period of 2 years. In this period of time, they learn more about the functioning of the banks and duties related to their profile.
- Common tasks of a probationary officer may include - Gaining practical knowledge of various banking aspects, Customer Services (which may range from passbook printing to account opening and much more), supervision of clerical work, Loan Processing, etc.
- Training to the SBI PO is provided in various fields like - Retail (Personal) Banking, Advances, Rural Banking (Agriculture training), etc. During their probation period.
- After the selection, SBI PO is directly sent to the branch allotted after meeting the RM of the circle. After reporting to the branch manager he learns the various aspect of daily banking profile.
- During the period of probation, specialized training is also given to the employees.
- After the probation period, SBI PO needs to undergo a screening procedure, qualifying which he/she will be confirmed as Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
The job profile of SBI PO is highly versatile and may demand the officer to engage in clerical work according to the needs. All this should be taken in good spirits and must be seen as a great way to learn new things.
Eventually, when you will have to take up a managerial profile, you can’t expect to pull it off properly unless you have a clear understanding of how things are done at the root level. So, think of it as the first step of the ladder which is essential to get to the next level.
SBI PO In-Hand Salary
The in-hand salary of SBI PO after making all the certain deduction gets 42,000- 44,000/-.
SBI PO Perks and Allowances for the year 2021
SBI provides 100% medical insurance for the Officer and 75% insurance for family members of the employee. It offers cashless treatment in the selected medical facilities around the country.
Apart from these, they are provided with Newspaper Allowances, Books and Magazine Allowances, Petrol Allowances, House Maintenance Allowances, Telephone Bill Reimbursement, Entertainment Allowances, Concessionary interest rates for House Loan, Car Loan and Personal Loans.
Medical insurance (100% for SBI PO and 75% for the family members)
Telephone bill reimbursement
Leave fare concession/ Home Travel concession
Cashless treatment in selected medical facilities around the country
Books and magazines allowance
House maintenance allowance
Concessionary interest rates for a car loan, personal loan and house loan.
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2020-21
The prelims exam was conducted on 4th, 5th & 6th January 2021. Now, all aspirants can check Cut-Off for SBI PO 2020-21 Prelims exam which will be released with its result on 18th January 2021. Let's have a look at the category wise cut-off for SBI PO 2020-21 exam.
SBI PO Cut Off 2020-21
SBI PO Mains Cut Off 2020-21
SBI PO 2020-21 Mains exam was conducted on 29th January 2021. The category wise mains cut-off marks for shortlisting Group Exercise & Interview are mentioned below:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250)|
|D & E||63.25|
SBI PO 2020-21 Interview Qualifying Marks
SBI has released the category-wise qualifying marks for SBI PO 2020-21 Interview which were conducted in February-March 2021 at SBI centres. The category-wise qualifying marks are given below:
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 50)|
|D & E||17.50|
SBI PO Final Cut-Off 2020-21
Go through the SBI PO Final Cut off marks for SBI PO 2020-21. We have tabulated the category-wise cut off for the SBI PO prelims exam as released by SBI.
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Normalised to 100)|
|D & E||29.43|
SBI PO Admit Card 2021
SBI will be releasing SBI PO Admit Card 2021 sequentially, i.e. Admit Card for Preliminary Exam has been released first, followed by Admit Card for Mains Exam and then for Interview Process. Always remember that the Admit Card for Mains Exam will be issued to candidates who clear the preliminary phase of the examination. Similarly, Admit Card for Interview Process will be issued to candidates who clear Mains Exam.
To download his/her SBI PO Admit Card 2021, a candidate must have the below-mentioned requisites:
- Username/Registration Number
- Password/Date of Birth
By filling in these two requisites candidates will be directed to the page of SBI PO Admit Card 2021. A candidate is required to download his/her admit card, take a printout of the same and carry it to the venue of examination as proof for his/her eligibility for the examination
Admit Card Release for Prelims
December 22, 2020
Admit Card Release for Mains
January 19, 2021
Interview Admit card
February 20, 2021
SBI PO Preparation Tips for Prelims and Mains exams
Revise from previous years’ question papers
You should focus on the revision of critical topics. They should put maximum effort into topics with maximum weightage in the SBI PO prelims exam.
Revise with short tutorials
Several video tutorials are available online for bank exam preparation. Short video tutorials are very helpful for revision.
Build section-wise preparation tips
There is a fixed time to attempt each section. In order to attempt the maximum number of questions, you must have a clear strategy to attempt each section. If you want to attempt the Reasoning Ability section then they must pre-decide in mind that what types of questions to solve first in this section. For eg: one can devote the first five minutes to puzzle-based questions, the next two minutes to direction-based questions, and so on.
Analyse mock tests
You should take the sectional and full-length mock tests during preparation. While in the last phase of preparation, you should not attempt too many mock tests. Also, you must analyse your performance after every mock test. You should identify the weak areas and work upon improving those areas.
Be clear with concepts
You must be clear with the concepts. The standard of the SBI PO syllabus is of graduation level. You can clear their basic concept of Quantitative Aptitude and rules of grammar from their high school books.
Devise section-wise preparation strategy
You need to prepare a strategy for each section of the exam. The study plan should be such that you divide equal time to each section of the exam.
You should learn shortcuts for solving questions. Since there are sectional timings, learning shortcuts will help you to attempt maximum questions in less possible time.
You can practice with more and more sectional tests, take one mock test every day. Practice on the computer for optimum results.
Guesswork should be limited
In the SBI PO exam, there is a negative marking for incorrect responses. Therefore, you are advised not to do guesswork.
Avoid spending too much time on any question
While attempting the exam, do not get stuck in any questions. If you are unable to understand the question, then leave that. Be careful, while attempting questions based on puzzles.
SBI PO Final Result 2021 has been declared by SBI on 16th March 2021 at the official website of the State Bank of India (SBI). The result is released in a PDF format with the list of candidates selected in the SBI PO 2020-21 exam
SBI PO Prelims Exam Date
4th, 5th & 6th January 2021
SBI PO Prelims Result
18th January 2021
SBI PO Mains Exam Date
29th January 2021
SBI PO Mains Result
16th February 2021
SBI PO Final Result
16th March 2021
SBI PO Final Scores
The preliminary exam of SBI PO or Tier 1 is only considered for the selection or qualification into the mains(tier 2) exam.
Candidates have to qualify for both Prelims & Mains round. Phase 2 and the Interview round will be deciding the final selection.
Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list.
The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of the candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks.
The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises
How to check SBI PO Final Result 2021?
Here are the steps to check SBI PO 2021 Final exam result:
- Step 1: Click on the link mentioned above to check the SBI PO Final Result 2021.
- Step 2: A PDF file will be opened on your screen.
- Step 3: Press "Ctrl + F" and search your roll number.
- Step 4: If your roll number get highlighted, congratulation you are selected in SBI PO 2021 exam.
- Step 5: Download the Result PDF and you can also download the allotment letter.
SBI PO 2021: FAQs
Q. When is the SBI PO 2021 Notification expected to be out?
Ans. SBI PO 2021-22 Official Notification is expected to be released in the month of September / October 2021.
Q. When is the SBI PO Exam to be conducted?
Ans. The exam date for SBI PO 2021 has not been released yet.
Q. What is the full form of the SBI PO exam?
Ans. SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer. State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO exam for recruiting Probationary Officers once every year. This is the most prestigious exam in bank category examinations.
Q. What is the application fee for SBI PO 2021 Exam?
Ans. The application fee for SBI PO 2021 exam varies according to the categories. For the General/ OBC category, it is INR 750 and Nil SC/ ST.
Q. Is the SBI PO Exam Bilingual?
Ans. Except for the Descriptive Test for the English Language, all the other tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi.
Q. Is there Negative Marking in SBI PO Exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking for the wrong answer in the objective tests of both Preliminary and Mains Exam of SBI PO 2021. One-fourth of the total marks allotted for that question will be deducted for marking a wrong answer.
Q. Are there fixed timings for different sections?
Ans. Yes, Both in Prelims & Mains.
Q. Will the descriptive test be conducted offline?
Ans. No, the test will be conducted online only. Candidates are therefore advised to practice typing before they appear for the test.
Q. What is the exam pattern for the descriptive test?
Ans. The descriptive test will consist of two questions which include letter an and essay. The descriptive test is of maximum 50 marks and must be attempted within 30 minutes duration.
Q.many many marks have been allotted for PI & GD?
Ans. The maximum marks for Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) are 50 marks
IDBI ExecutiveSep 4, 2021
NABARD Grade BSep 17, 2021
NABARD Grade ASep 18, 2021
IDBI Executive Admit Card 2021 Published on the Official Portal
IDBI Bank has uploaded IDBI Executive Admit Card 2021 on the official website. Candidates who have appeared for Executive posts can refer to the official website of IDBI Bank, idbibank.in to download the same.Aug 31,2021
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis 2021 for August 29 (All Shifts); Check
SBI has successfully conducted the SBI Clerk Prelims exam in the remaining 4 centers - Shillong, Agartala, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), and Nashik centers in 4 shifts. There were four sections in the question paper.Aug 31,2021