About PU CET
PUCET 2021 Exam Date for postgraduate courses has been postponed indefinitely. Punjab University, Chandigarh organizes PUCET which is short for Punjab University Common Entrance Test. PUCET is a university level entrance examination conducted each year to offer admission into a myriad of UG/ PG courses. Admission will be provided in various courses in Management, Engineering, Law, Arts & Humanities, Health & Sciences, and so forth. Aspirants must qualify for the entrance examination by securing the qualifying score as suggested for admission into different courses.
PU CET Admit Card
Aspirants can follow the process given below to download the PUCET 2021 admit card:
- Visit the official website of PUCET: https://cetpg.puchd.ac.in/
- Aspirants will see the admit card downloading link present on the website.
- Tap on the link and enter the login id and password.
- Now submit and log in.
- The admit card of PUCET 2021 will appear
- Download and take print of different copies for further use.
Following details will be present in PUCET 2021 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s name
- Registration number
- Candidate’s photograph and signature
- Exam centre address
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam time
PU CET Highlights
|Full Exam Name
||Punjab University Undergraduate Common Entrance Test
|Short Exam Name
||Punjab University Chandigarh
|Frequency of Conduct
||Once a year
||University Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|Application Fee (General)
||2175 Rs [Offline]
|Mode of Exam
|Mode of Counselling
|PU CET B.Sc.(Hons) - Duration
||3 Hours 30 Minutes+1 More
|Number of Seats
PU CET Important Dates
|Dates for PUCET-PG:
|Date of Availability of application
||15th April 2021
|Last date for submission (for Bank Challan)
||18th May 2021
|The last date for the fee deposit
||21st May 2021
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature and other required information
||24th May 2021
|Admit card release
|Aspirants who have not completed their form but have paid their requisite fee can complete their form by paying a late fee of Rs. 500/-
||9th June 2021
|Dates of holding Entrance Test
|Uploading of Answer key and inviting objections
|Last day for objection submission for Answer key
|Uploading of Objections response and again inviting the Cross-objections(if any)
|Last day for Cross Objections submission of the Answer key
|Date of declaration of result
PU CET Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for PUCET are given in the sections below:
- Nationality: Indian
- Age Criteria: Minimum age: 17 years as of the admission year.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants must have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a well-recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Passed 12th securing a minimum of 50% marks. Aspirants of the ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD category must secure a minimum of 45% marks.
- Qualifying Subjects: Passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, English subjects and anyone subject amidst Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology.
PU CET Application Process
Steps for Application Process for PUCET Exams:
- 1. The online application procedure has been started from 15th April 2021 for PG courses.
- 2. Aspirants can fill the application form till 18th May 2021 for PG & till the last week of June 2021 for UG.
- 3. Aspirants must fill incomplete details in the application in the correct manner as the authority may or may not offer any correction facility.
- 4. In the application process, students will go through online registration, filling up of application form, uploading scanned images and making payment of the application fee.
- 5. After properly finishing the application process, students must print their application form and fee receipt for further use in the admission process.
PU CET Syllabus
The syllabus for PUCET will be set from the 11th and 12th class recommended syllabus. The syllabus will be from various topics of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Aspirants can know below various important topics for PUCET from various subjects:
PU CET Preparation Tips
PUCET preparation tips are given below and can help for good performance in the exam:
- Know complete details about the PUCET syllabus and exam pattern.
- Aspirants must start their exam preparation early.
- Make a routine for study and follow it daily.
- Make notes and highlight the important topics.
- Revise the notes prepared daily.
- Prepare for the exam from study material which is mostly recommended by experienced students or experts.
- Practice online or offline mock tests for good preparation of examination.
PU CET Exam Pattern
Check complete PUCET Examination pattern details in the below-given section:
- Exam mode: The examination will be conducted in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: MCQs will be asked in the paper.
- Duration of Paper: 70 mins will be given for each section in the examination paper.
Aspirants belonging to the PWD category will be provided 20 minutes extra.
- Language of Paper: English.
- Marking Scheme:
- 1. For Correct answer: 2 marks (awarded)
- 2. For Incorrect answer: 0.5 marks (deducted).
PU CET Exam Centers
PU CET 2021 will be conducted on 4 locations, the details of which are given below:
Documents Required at Exam
Aspirants must carry certain documents for the verification of the identity of the Aspirants. The id proof must be government approved and must have the photo attached to it.
In case aspirants fail to produce the necessary documents, his/her entry will be prohibited into the exam hall. These documents can be:
- Driving license
- Aadhar card
- PAN Card
- Voter id card
PU CET Answer Key
After completing the exams, aspirants will be able to download the answer key for PUCET. It will be available on the website: https://cetpg.puchd.ac.in/ in the second week of June 2021. With the help of the answer key, students will be able to know the estimated score of the entrance exam.
If in case any aspirant finds any objections in the answer key, he/she can write a letter to the authorities describing the discrepancy. For PUCET-PG, the answer key will be uploaded in June 2021.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Seat allotment letter
- PUCET 2021 admit card & rank card
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Admission fees
- Passport size photographs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: In what mode will be the entrance examination conducted?
Answer: The entrance examination for PU CET will be only conducted in offline mode.