About MAT 2021
Management aptitude test, abbreviated as MAT, is an MBA entrance exam of the national level for admission in around 800 top Business schools of India. If we go by the latest updates in this context, according to the ruling of the Maharashtra High court the business schools of Maharashtra will also accept MAT marks for admission. This entrance examination is conducted 4 times every year- In February, May, September and then in December. The MAT examination is organised by the All India Management Association (AIMA), its conducting body. The displacement entrance examination is the only MBA entrance exam in India that provides the option to appear in the Paper Based Test (PBT), Internet-Based Test (IBT), and Computer Based Test (CBT) modes. The Internet-Based Test (IBT) model was introduced in 2020 due to the advent of the covid-19 pandemic.
MAT 2021 Admit Card
Steps to download the admit card:.
- 1. Visit the official website of MAT 2021 OR copy this link: https://mat.aima.in/may21/admitcard-login
- 2. Click on the Download/View tab
- 3. Select the MAT admit card from the dropdown (admit card download page will appear on the screen as mentioned)
- 4. Enter the following details:
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- 5. Click on submit
- 6. The admit card will appear, verify all details mentioned carefully
- 7. Download and save it by printing the MAT admit card 2021
MAT 2021 Highlights
||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
||All India Management Association (AIMA)
||Four times a year - February, May, September, December
||Admissions to 800+ MBA Colleges in India (approx.)
|No. of Test Cities
- PBT Mode - 54
- CBT Mode - 31
MAT 2021 Important Dates
|MAT 2021 Events
||MAT 2021 Dates
|Last date of MAT registration
|MAT admit card download
|MAT 2021 May-June exams
MAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for MAT 2021 are a set of all the academic requirements, as stated by the All India Management Association (AIMA), that all the aspirants need to fulfil to be eligible to give this management entrance test.
MAT 2021 Application Process
- The application form for MAT 2021 has been launched on 31st March 2021.
- Aspirants can fill their application form via online mode.
- The registration procedure is based on a myriad of procedures including filling of application form, uploading documents, etc.
- Upload photos under 40 to 150 kb and the size of signature must be in 10 to 150 kb size.
- Aspirants must fill their application form by the 21st of June 2021 for both PBT & CBT modes.
- Take a print of the completed application form and keep it safe for further procedures.
MAT 2021 Syllabus
Following is the syllabus of the MAT exam 2021:
- 1. Mathematics Skill: This section will consist of topics like Average, algebra, ratio, profit and loss, proportion, work and time, geometric progression, HCF, LCM, percentage, linear algebra.
- 2. Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Questions will be asked from the topics like bar graphs, puzzles, line chart, Venn diagram, table charts, pie chart.
- 3. Indian Global Environment: This will include topics i.e. current affairs, awards, sports, science, woods and authors, major events incorporated.
- 4. Language Comprehension: Analogies, syllogism, fill in the blanks, jumbled paragraphs, English vocabulary, one-word substitution, idioms and sentence completion.
- 5. General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Coding and decoding, statements and assumptions, linear arrangement, sequencing, identifying valid interference.
MAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- Make a proper timetable and follow it daily: It is very important to have a timetable when you are preparing for an examination. It helps you stabilize your preparation and organize it well. Be consistent in following the timetable to maintain the probability of a good performance.
MAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the MAT exam pattern from below:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted via IBT mode.
- Type of Questions: MCQ will be asked in the MAT examination.
- Time Duration: Exams will be held for the duration of 2 and 1/2 hours.
- Sections: Questions will be divided into five sections.
- Total Questions: In total, 200 questions will be asked in the MAT examination.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be cut for every wrong answer.
MAT 2021 Exam Centers
The following tables show the MAT exam centres in all the modes:
|MAT Test Cities (PBT)
Documents Required at Exam
Following are the documents required for the candidates to carry to the exam centre mandatorily:
- The hard copy version of the MAT 2021 admit card
- A thoroughly filled hard copy of the self-declaration form
- The original version of a valid Photo ID proof such as:
- 1. Voter ID Card
- 2. PAN Card
- 3. Driving License
- 4. Aadhaar Card
- 5. Passport
- 6. A photo ID card that is issued by any government department
- 7. A photo ID card that is issued by a known educational institution
- PwD candidates, in addition to the above, are required to mandatorily carry a copy of the disability certificate issued by a competent authority
MAT 2021 Answer Key
All India Management Association, that is, AIMA does not release an official Answer Key for MAT Exam 2021. Thus, aspirants need to rely on the MAT coaching institutes for the Answer Keys before the MAT Result is released to gauge the idea of what they are going to score in the MAT examination. It will also help the applicant to get an idea of the colleges that would reckon them for the MAT admission.
The MAT 2021 answer key consists of the correct answers to questions that are asked in the examination. Aspirants can download the Answer Key for MAT 2021 and compare their answers with the responses that are given in the answer key. By gauging the number of right and wrong answers, candidates can easily determine their estimated marks and analyze what their performance was.
Documents Required at Counselling
Following details are required for MAT 2021 Counselling:
- Class 10 and Class 12 Marksheet
- Date of birth certificate
- MAT 2021 admit card
- MAT 2021 rank letter
- MAT 2021 scorecard
- Character certificate
- 6 passport size photographs
- Reservation certificate (if any)
- Domicile certificate
- Migration certificate
- Set of self-attested documents
- Demand draft
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How many MAT Exams are conducted each year?
A: MAT is conducted 4 times per year. The 4 months are February, May, September and December.