Reflective Pronouns | Educational Videos
Reflexive pronouns are used to express that someone is doing something on his/her own. These pronouns always refer back to the subject of the sentence. They end in -self in the singular, and in -selves in the plural.
How to form the reflexive pronouns
|Personal pronoun||Reflexive pronoun|
- He killed himself with poison.
- I can do it myself.
- The parents blamed themselves.
- Sandra talked to herself.
- Please help yourself to some cake.
- We can do it ourselves.
Exercise 3: Reflexive pronouns
Choose the correct answer.
- He burnt _____ with the matches.(himself/herself)
- Be careful! You might electrocute _____!(myself/yourself)
- Ow! I've cut _____.(myself/yourself)
- The cat has scratched _____.(itself/myself)
- They're taking photos of_____ .(themselves/itself)
- We're going to hurt_____ if we're not careful.(myself/ourselves)