Welcome to the University of Oxford. People from all walks of life and all parts of the world have been visiting here for nine centuries and they are delighted that via this website students are joining that long tradition. Oxford was the first University in the English-speaking world. Their aim is to remain at the forefront of centres of learning, teaching and research. There are over 20,000 students at Oxford, including 11,734 undergraduates and 8,101 postgraduates.53 per cent of undergraduates are studying for degrees in the humanities and social sciences, and 43 per cent in the medical, mathematical, physical and life sciences.
University students are attracted by the chance to study at an internationally-renowned university, with outstanding academic achievement and innovation.Oxford's university community is truly international. Students currently come from 138 countries around the world and study a wide range of subjects. They make up one third of our student body, including 14 percent of their full-time undergraduate students and 63 percent of their full-time postgraduates.
- Junior Common Rooms (JCRs)
- Middle/Graduate Common Rooms (MCR/GCRs)
- Museums and Collections
- University Club
- University Libraries A-Z
Clubs and Societies
- GroupSpaces (for club, society & event listings)
- Drama - Dramatic Society, Student Drama
- Media - Cherwell, Oxford Student, Isis Magazine
- Music - Oxford University Music Society
- Oxford Union
- Student Union (OUSU)
- Volunteering - Oxford Hub
They are here to help students think about their options, learn about different careers, find a job, continue with their studies or simply take time out.
For employers the Careers Service provides:
- opportunities to advertise vacancies to Oxford University students free of charge.
- access to a Careers Adviser with particular knowledge of your sector for advice on recruiting at Oxford.
- opportunities to participate in events run by the Careers Service and to attend recruitment fairs.
- opportunities to attend training events for recruiters, run by Careers Service staff.