The National Institute of Technology at Tiruchirappalli, NIT-Trichy, (formerly Regional Engineering College, Trichy, TREC) is situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of the Kaveri River. NITT is located in Thuvakudi on the Tiruchirappalli-Tanjore National Highway (NH67) and 22 kilometers from Trichy Railway Junction.
The College has a total campus area of 800 acres. The institution offers Under Graduate Courses in ten branches and Post Graduate Courses in twenty one disciplines of Science, Engineering & Technology besides Ph.D. in all the departments. The faculty is inducted through a process of open advertisement throughout the country. The college is an example of cultural unity with students drawn from most of the states in the country.
- Dr. A. K. Bakthavatsalam Professor and Head
- Dr. V. Muthupandi Officer - Placement
- Mr. D. Sriram Kumar Officer - Training
Computer Support Group
- OCTAGON - Computer Center is maintained by the Computer Support Group (CSG). The CSG also offers courses under its Continuing Education Programme for the students as well as the local community.
- OCTAGON - Computer Center serves the campus-wide LAN in close association with the user departments.
- The OCTAGON accommodates the central computing facilities, it has a server room with 25 servers and 200 high-end computers.
- Its laboratories includes four labs -Lab 1 with 39 Pentium based PCs, Lab 2 with 52 Pentium 4 based PCs, Lab 3 also known as RECAL-Sun Lab with 33 Sun Computers, Graphics Lab with 30 Pentium 4 based PCs, R & D Lab with 10 Pentium 4 based PCs.
- 1 lakh documents consisting of technical books, reports, standards and back volumes of journals.
- The library subscribes to 179 periodicals (print) plus 1000+ (e-Journals) besides a holding of 15943 bound volumes of journals (back numbers).
- The library also contains 15,000 books in the book bank.
- The Institute is holding membership with British Council Library, Chennai. We are also holding membership with DELNET, New Delhi for Interlibrary loan.
- 2 full-time doctors are available in the hospital. The college has appointed 10 Specialists and Super specialists as visiting consultants.
- Sophisticated biomedical diagnostic equipment used for prompt medical and health care
- Color Doppler with facilities for obstetric, gynaec, gastro enteric and cardiological observations
- Computerized E.C.G Recorder and Auto Analyzer, with capacity to measure and analyze 60 different parameters
- The institute has a shopping complex within its premises
- An excellent store housing all sorts of goods be it stationeries or groceries.
- An interim branch of State Bank Of India is located inside the campus. It is fully computerized and is giving an exhaustive service to NITT.
- An ATM has been installed and has been a great success.
- The Transport Section is managed by a Transport Committee consisting of teaching non-teaching staff.
- The Sports Centre is a multi-facility multi-disciplinary sports complex aimed at developing well-rounded personalities of students.
- Aqua Sports Complex
- Credit for Sports
- The Institute is endowed with a beautiful swimming pool of 25 meter length. It caters to the students, faculty, and other residents of the campus.
Campus Communication Services (CCS)
- Telephone facilities have been provided in the academic departments, administrative office, hostels and in the residences.
- 2 STD booths are being operated round the clock for use by the staff and students.
Clubs and Associations
- Numerous skills and talents have been unearthed from amongst our students and to allow these talents to flourish, numerous clubs have been started for like minded individuals to meet and polish their skills.
- The Student Association is the voice of the students in the campus and looks into all matters of interest of the students. It is a medium of communication between the students and the management of the college
Placement Percentage of Registered Students â?? Post Graduate
M.Tech. T.E.M 36.4
M.Tech. S.E. 100
M.Tech. Env. 50.0
M.Tech. C.S.E 66.7
M.Tech. P.S. 78.6
M.Tech. P.E. 9.17
M.Tech. C.S. 6.15
M.Tech. V.L.S.I 75.0
M.Tech T.P.E 100
M.Tech. I.S.E 90.0
M.Tech. W.E. 75.0
M.Tech. M.S. 76.5
M.Tech. M.T. 84.6
M.Tech. I.E. 76.9
M.Tech P.C.I 41.2
M.Tech E.E. 44.4
M.Tech P.D. 57.1
M.Tech N.D.T 100