MS Ramaiah College of Law [MSRCL] Bangalore was established by the Gokula Education Foundation in the year 1995. It is recognized by Bar Council of India and delinked from Bangalore University, the parent university and affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, under the Karnataka State Law University Act, 2009.
The Gokula Education Foundation, by establishing M.S.Ramaiah College of Law, with a noble mission of imparting quality legal education to develop it as a centre of academic excellence in the horizon of legal education, continues to demonstrate its commitment, dedication and devotion inter-alia to the cause of legal education and mould the students better for a glorious and optimistic tomorrow.
M.S. Ramaiah College of Law provides following facilities to its students:
- We have a library with the state-of-the art facilities. It is adequately equipped with Law Reports; National and International, text books including reference books and periodicals as required by the rules.
- The management has given top priority for the development of library. It is our policy to have a collection of valuable books pertaining to contemporary legal issues apart from subjects included in the curriculum.
- Legal database has been installed in library that students can have access to Manupatra [on-line] and the Laws [CD version] for legal materials.
- Computer lab has been established with internet facilities to enable the students to make use of modern technology to enrich their knowledge.
- College encourages the talented students to take part in cultural activities that they are enable to showcase their talent in various inter-collegiate competitions.
- College magazine is an annual publication, published around the month of April each year. It includes the annual report of the college and activities of the academic year and articles contributed by staff and students of the college.
- It is a quarterly publication regarding the academic activities and the programs organized in the college.
- College encourages students’ participation in National and International moot court competitions which will go a long way to enable them to hone the skills of advocacy.
- It is a matter of immense pleasure that our students have brought laurels to the college by winning a good number of prizes in number of prestigious national moot court competitions.
- College has a Moot Court Federation comprising of the faculty in-charge and student members which co-ordinates moot court activities.
Legal Aid Cell:
- College has a legal aid cell which is managed by the teachers and students. The students and faculty visit schools, colleges, slums in and around Bangalore to conduct legal awareness programmes on various issues of law, for the effective implementation of the objective of the institution to bring about dissemination of legal awareness among people.
- There is an auditorium with seating capacity of 320 members to conduct seminars and workshops.
- There is a sports complex in the campus to promote indoor and outdoor games.
- The college has an extension counter in the campus which is run by Vijaya Bank.