Lukhdhirji Engineering College, popularly known as L.E. College, is one of Gujarat's oldest technical institutions,located in Morbi of Rajkot District. It was started as a Polytechnic institute in 1931, known as Morbi Technical Institute. The MTI was upgraded to a full fledged engineering college in 1951 when The Late Honorable His Highness Lukhdhirji donated his palace with 40 acres (160,000 m2) of land on the bank of river Machhu. The institute is operated by the government of Gujarat and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University.