Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public engineering institution located at Powai, Mumbai, India. It is the second-oldest institute of the Indian Institutes of Technology system. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958To know more about Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), please visit their website at www.iitb.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) is well known college/university among students these days.
Faculty is the backbone of the institute which helps in the operations of the institute. Eminent and highly qualified faculty has been hired in order to impart the best knowledge and skills to students.
1. Huzur Saran
High Speed Networks, Graph Theory, Algorithms
2. Amitabha Bagchi
Structural properties of networks, Algorithms, Data Structures
3. M. Balakrishnan
CAD for VLSI, Computer Architecture
4. Subhashis Banerjee
Computer Vision, Real-time Systems, Robotics
5. Sorav Bansal
Operating System, Compilers
6. Naveen Garg
7. Suddhasatwa Basu
8. Ashok N. Bhaskarwar
9. Vivek V. Buwa
10. Ashok K. Gupta
11. Jain S.K.
IIT Delhi has state-of-the-art campus and it has been built and designed in a unique way in order to provide best facilities and best learning environment to students.
Computer Services Center [CSC]
- The Centre is equipped with S/W Directory, IBM RS/6000 SP, Sun Ultra Enterprise Server 3000 & 4000, Java Stations and Graphic workstations connected over a switched fast Ethernet.
- A central, 18 departmental libraries - 246000 bibliographic records of books, over 650 current journals, video library services.
- extensive centralized computing infrastructure - PC labs, Sun workstations, latest Unix servers, an indigenously developed supercomputer PARAM 10000
- Departmental labs with state of the art of equipment.
- Advance fiber optic communications network spread over entire campus
- Lecture theatres equipped with latest facilities like online media projectors.
- Auditoriums, open air theatres, playfields, indoor sports facilities for a beyond - academic experience.
The Training and Placement Unit of the Institute is responsible for arranging training of the undergraduate students to meet their degree requirement and to provide world class job opportunities to the undergraduate and postgraduate students after graduation for suitable jobs in the industry and various private and public sector organizations.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Placement Record 2008
- Companies Participated : 46
- No. of students: 63
- Total Placement: 91
- Average salary : Rs. 11.92 Lakhs p.a.,
- Median salary : Rs. 11.7 Lakhs p.a.
- Highest domestic salary : Rs. 20.7 Lakhs p.a. offered by Reliance Energy.