The Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, also known as IIMU, is a graduate business school in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Management set up by the central government during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan. IIM Udaipur was inaugurated on 30 July 2011 by C. P. Joshi, Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
It mainly focusses on an in-demand indistry curriculum with a special concentration on global business practices. Right now the institute offers Postgraduate programmes but it will also spread in the arena of doctoral as well as executive training programmes and faculty development programmes. PGP at IIMU is the flagship course of 2 years duration.To know more about Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIM), please visit their website at http://www.iimu.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIM) is well known college/university among students these days.
Professor Srikant M Datar is the director of IIM Udaipur
Full time Faculty: 15
Part time Faculty: 26
PhD faculty: 19
It provides the students with world class faculty for catering to their requirements. They not only inculcate knowledge but alos provide them with their real time experience. Listed below are some of the guest and permanant faculty:
Dr. Amitava Mukherjee, Operations Management, Quantitative Methods and Information Systems
- Ph.D. in Statistics (2008) – University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.
- M.Sc. in Statistics (2002) – University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.
- B.Sc. in Statistics (1999) – St. Xavier’s College (under Calcutta University), Kolkata, India
Janat Shah, Operations & Information System
- FPM Operations Management, 1989- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, 1980– Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Subhamoy Ganguly, Operations and Information Systems
- Ph.D, Operations Management, University of Colorado at Boulder-2013 (expected)
- Master in Business Administration, Supply Chain & Finance, Michigan State University-2005
- B.E., Electrical Engineering, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur,-1996
Prof. RajLuxmi V Murthy, Quantitative Methods
- PhD (Operations Research), Southern Methodist University, Texas, USA, 1994
- MS (Applied Mathematics), Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA, 1988
- MSc (Mathematics), University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India, 1984
Prof. V Ranganathan, Economics
- Doctorate in Economics from IIM Ahmedabad.
- Fulbright Scholar at Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communications) from IIT, Madras
It provides the students with state of the art infrastructure aided with all the modern amenities.The campus comprises of AC semi circular classrooms with Noise reduction facility and a capacity of 66 students seating capacity. For enhanced learning classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art multi-media and projector systems. With a 1 Gbps internet link in the campus, IIMU makes sure that the students are always kept updated with the latest industry trends even in a complete wi-fi enabled hostel. It also comprises of library that comprises of wide varietry of journals including online database system that provides the students with access to reference and extra course material. It also ncomprises of various clubs including- ConnectIT, Cultural Committee, Potpourri, Finomina, Sports Club, Prayatna, Toastmasters etc.
This programme offers the students with 100% placement assistance. The summer placement 2011 saw the batch of 57 students placed by December itself. Students joined various domains that can be broadly classified into Consulting & Analytics, Banking & Finance, Sales & Marketing, General Management & Operations and Human Resources. While 28% students decided to vouch for Banking and Finance as well as Sales and Marketing domains each. 23% candidates joined the Consulting and Analytics sector and 7% preferred to join the General Management