Aarhus University offers unique, alternative opportunities for research and education cutting across many different subjects, for the benefit of both students and researchers, as well as the authorities and the business community. These interdisciplinary combinations provide exceptional opportunities. Aarhus University combines quality in its services with diversity â?? a diversity that also makes sure that the university is in wide-reaching contact with all the important sectors of society.
Aarhus University has an international focus and makes targeted efforts to attract researchers and students from abroad.
- The State and University Library is the main library for Aarhus University.
- The database holds more than 2,000,000 books, records and CDs, printed music etc.
- The electronic journals of the State and University Library, the departmental libraries of Aarhus University and Aarhus University Hospitals amount to more than 40,000 titles in total.
- The State and University Library has a number of study tables which you are welcome to use.
- The monitors provide up-to-date library news.
- You are welcome to read the daily newspapers in the library.
- The reading room is a silent area and the staff is present all day.
- The reading room has about 100 study tables. You canâ??t make a reservation.
- You can find many of them located around the campus.
- They are serving a variety of dishes for a cheaper price than normal restaurants.
- Expect to pay between DKK 20 and DKK 40 for lunch.
- The Friday bars are a good opportunity for students, staff and professors to meet and enjoy a drink or two together.
- Started in the â??80, it is a real tradition at the University of Aarhus.
- The concept? Every Friday around midday, each department will set up a small bar in a canteen or a classroom where beer and soft drinks will be served until 6 p.m.
- Some bars also feature live music or incorporate themes.
- This well-located bar provides you with a cosy atmosphere and many board games.
- It good to go there to relax with friends around a beer or a coffee, as it is the only place on campus where you can get latte and espresso!