SET stands for Symbiosis Entrance Test. This is a common admission test for the admission process at the Symbiosis Group of Institutes.
The SET exam is composed of 5 papers, including Design, Engineering, Health Sciences and Law. One of the best things about this examination is that the candidate appearing for the test can choose to appear for more than 1 paper per day but should choose one for the morning and one for the evening sessions.
Eligibility Criteria for the SET Exam
The candidates need to take up the SET examination to get into the Symbiosis Group of Institutes. However, some Symbiosis institutes do not consider the SET scores for admissions. Check below to know more about the eligibility criteria for the SET examination:
Under Graduation: Every candidate who wants to appear for the SET examination must pass the grade 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognized board. The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks (for SC & ST candidates, the minimum criteria is 45%).
BCA: If the candidates have a BCA background, he/she should make sure that they pass the grade 10+2 with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST).
B.Des: B.Des candidates, who are applying for the SET examination, must have passed the grade 10+2 or 10+3.
Registration Process for SET
If you meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, then you can proceed to the registration process as mentioned below:
• Generally, the registration process for SET examination starts in the month of January and ends in April every year.
• BBA candidates, who are applying for SET examination, must select the SET-General option in the registration form while applying.
• In case the candidate wishes to change his details in the application form, then he must make the changes accordingly before the closing date of the registration process. After the registration process is closed, no more changes can be made in the application. So, the candidate must make sure to fill accurate information in the very first attempt itself to avoid any further changes.
• Also, the candidate must upload a recent photograph (not more than three months old) during the online registration process.
Payment Modes for SET Examination
If you are a candidate who has applied for SET-General, then the payment can be made online through Axis bank, Indian Bank and BillDesk gateway online.
The test fee would be INR 1750/- for each SET-General exam. If you are opting for one examination in the morning and one in the evening, then the total fee for the SET exam would cost INR 3500 /-.
Payment through DD
If you are planning to pay the fees through DD (Demand Draft), then follow the below mentioned process:
• You can prepare the DD from a nationalized bank in the name of Symbiosis Test Secretariat; this DD should be payable at Pune.
• While registering for the SET exam, the candidate can select the payment mode as demand draft in the ‘Make Payment’ section.
• Take the print of this advice form and mail it with the DD attached.
• The Symbiosis Secretariat will validate the details of the DD and send the confirmation through email.
• Once the admit cards are released online, the candidate can download it.
Make sure that you meet all the eligibility criteria as mentioned above and then fill in the application form. Also, bookmark this page for future updates on the SET exams.