National Institute of Technology Hamirpur is one of the twenty NITs of the country, established in 1986 as Regional Engineering College, as a joint and cooperative enterprise of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh. Institute provide Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate Education in Engineering, Sciences & Humanities; fostering the spirit of national integration among the students.To know more about National Institute of Technology Hamirpur (NitH), please visit their website at www.nitham.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. National Institute of Technology Hamirpur (NitH) is well known college/university among students these days.
- Dr. R. L. Chauhan - Chairman
- Dr. Raman Parti â?? Head of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Narottam Chand â?? Head of Computer Science & Engineering
- Dr. Ram Naresh Sharma â?? Head of Electrical Engineering
- Dr. Anoop Kumar â?? Head of Mechanical Engineering
- Mr. Inderpal Singh â?? Head of Architecture
- Dr. Rajeevan Chandel â?? Head of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Dr. Y.D. Sharma â?? Head of Applied Science & Humanities
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur Infrastructure Includes:
- Computer Centre â?? Computer centre has wide network of more than 2200 voice & data nodes over the fiber backbone with above 100 active devices, wifi, voice over IP (VoIP), videoconferencing, a fleet of servers from SUN, IBM, HP, Dell, heterogeneous intranet over various flavors of Microsoft Windows and UNIX, Internet connectivity from multiple service providers, Web server, email servers, etc.
- Library â?? Library is in a separate building having the floor area of 1200 square meters. The library has got the seating capacity of 100 readers in reading halls and 50 readers in Audio-Visual Hall.
- Sports Facilities â?? NIT Hamirpur provides sports facilities for both indoor and outdoor games. Students are encouraged to take part in all sorts of games to keep them fit and inculcate a spirit of sportsmanship amongst them.
- Health Centre â?? NIT Hamirpur has its own dedicated health centre for the better health care of students and staff. It is equipped with basic medical facilities and it serves the strength of more than 1200 undergraduate and postgraduate students, faculty and staff members including their wards.
National Institute of Technology Hamirpurhas Training & Placement department which arrange placement interviews for students to get jobs in different organizations. The department has also decided to start the concept of â??Dream Job Optionâ?; students will give their choices for any one of the dream job company to visit institutes campus.
Activities of the Training & Placement Cell:
- Arranging industrial training for the 3rd year students in reputed organization through out the country.
- Arranging professional training for B.Arch 10th semester students in different organizations dealing with architecture of buildings etc.
- Arranging campus Interviews for B.Tech / B.Arch pre-final / final year students.
Following are the details of Salary offered by the companies: