IIT Delhi ( Indian Institute of Engineering and Technology), recognized as one of the eminent centers of academic excellence for training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. At first, it was established as a College of engineering and later it was renamed as IIT Delhi. It has been declared as an institution of national importance.To know more about IIT Delhi ( Indian Institute of Engineering and Technology), please visit their website at www.iitd.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. IIT Delhi ( Indian Institute of Engineering and Technology) is well known college/university among students these days.
Faculty is the backbone of the institute which helps in the operations of the institute.
Computer Services Center [CSC]
- The Centre is equipped with S/W Directory, IBM RS/6000 SP, Sun Ultra Enterprise Server 3000 & 4000, Java Stations and Graphic workstations connected over a switched fast Ethernet.
- A central, 18 departmental libraries - 246000 bibliographic records of books, over 650 current journals, video library services.
- extensive centralized computing infrastructure - PC labs, Sun workstations, latest Unix servers, an indigenously developed supercomputer PARAM 10000
- Departmental labs with state of the art of equipment.
- Advance fiber optic communications network spread over entire campus
- Lecture theatres equipped with latest facilities like online media projectors.
- Auditoriums, open air theatres, playfields, indoor sports facilities for a beyond - academic experience.
The Training and Placement Unit of the Institute is responsible for arranging training of the undergraduate students to meet their degree requirement and to provide world class job opportunities to the undergraduate and postgraduate students after graduation for suitable jobs in the industry and various private and public sector organizations.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Placement Record 2008
- Companies Participated : 46
- No. of students: 63
- Total Placement: 91
- Average salary : Rs. 11.92 Lakhs p.a.,
- Median salary : Rs. 11.7 Lakhs p.a.
- Highest domestic salary : Rs. 20.7 Lakhs p.a. offered by Reliance Energy.