IIM Lucknow was established in 1984 and is currently a centrally funded institution. It is the fourth Indian Institute of Management to be established in India after IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahmedabad, and IIM Bangalore. Noted Academician Ishwar Dayal played a significant role in setting up the institution, who also served as the founding director of IIM Lucknow for a period of four years. Industrialist Hari Shankar Singhania, took over as the chairman of Board of Governors in 1992, served for a period of 15 years till 2007.
The Post Graduate Programme (PGP) was started in 1985–86 with a strength of 30 students.When the institute was established, classes were held in rented rooms at Butler Palace and subsequently moved to Giri Institute of Developmental Studies. The current campus was built in 1992 in the outskirts of Lucknow. During the initial days, due to its remoteness, students used to walk to the Highway-bypass Junction, which had a milestone saying "IIM Lucknow 3.4 km", to buy amenities and hang out. Some students used to play guitar to entertain others on their walk of 3.4 km. It was in honour of this fact, that the college's official rock band is called as "3.4".
Tie ups were made with three foreign universities in 2001 to start the student exchange program. The Agribusiness Course was started in 2004 with a strength of 13 students. In 2005, IIM Lucknow established a second campus at Noida leveraging its locational advantage of nearness to Delhi. The Noida campus was established exclusively for executive education. IIM Lucknow is the first IIM in the country to start an additional campus.To know more about IIM Lucknow ( Indian Institute of Management Lucknow), please visit their website at www.iiml.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. IIM Lucknow ( Indian Institute of Management Lucknow) is well known college/university among students these days.
Professor Devi Singh, currently serving his second term as Director of the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow), and is a well-known Professor in the area of International Finance & Management
The total number of faculty members is 80 and the number of students admitted in the first year is 453. Hence, the faculty is to student ratio is 1:5.6. Some prominent ones are:
Sanjeev Kapoor (Associate Professor) 1964
- Qualifications: Ph.D. (Agriculture Economics) G. B. Pant University of Ag. & Tech., Pantnagar
- Group : Agriculture Management
Sangeeta Dhawan Misra (Professor) 1965
- Qualifications: M.A.(Eco.), Kanpur Univ, .Ph.D.(Eco), IIT Kanpur
- Group: Business Environment Group
Roshan Lal Raina (Professor) 1955
- Qualifications: Ph. D. (Sagar Univ. MP, India), Fulbrighter (Syracuse University, NY, USA).
- Group: Communication
Yogesh Agarwal (Professor) 1955
- Qualifications: B.E. (Chem.), Roorkee; PGDIE, NITIE Bombay; M.S.& Ph.D.(OR), Case Western Reserve Univ.
- Group: Decision Sciences Group
Spread over 185 acres IIM Lucknow campus was established by the Government of India as an institution of excellence. The campus is situated at a distance of 21 kms from the railway station and at 31 kms from the airport.
1. Administrative Building and Lecture Halls â?? The academic blocks (Bodhigrih-I and II) has classrooms and seminar halls. The Faculty block (Chintan) houses faculty rooms and Fellowship classrooms.
2. Gyanodaya Library â?? The library has a rich collection of over 60,000 volumes which includes 500 periodicals and online subscription to 1600 e-journals and 34 e-databases
3. Computing facilities â?? The 15,000 sq.ft computer centre has a fibre optic backbone network and provides wireless connectivity to all the buildings in the campus
4. Incubation Centre- The institute has an incubation centre (Abhiyan) for supporting the entrepreneurial plans of its students and alumni
- Two banks
- A medical shop
- A travel agency
- A super market
- A post office
- A saloon
- A coffee shop
- An icecream parlour
- Three restaurants
1. Events organized are:
- â??Manfestâ? is IIM Lucknow's annual management festival
- â??INDEXâ? is an annual fair conducted by students
- Varchasva, the annual Cultural and Sports festival of IIM Lucknow
- Aarohan is organised by the IIM Lucknow chapter of SPIC MACAY
- The Intracollege sports event called as â??Sikanderâ? is held throughout the year in a league format
2. Student-run clubs:
- Institute's dance club is known as "Random Walk"
- Dramatics club is â??Abhivyaktiâ?
- Oculus is the communication platform for students brings out a monthly magazine 'IIMPulse '
- OIG is a special interest group of operation management
- PRiSM is the group of marketing
The placement report of IIM Lucknow (PGPM) is as follows:
a. Numbers of PPO+PPI, Laterals and Final offers: A total of 528 offers were made for a batch of 366. The offers made include 70 Pre-Placement Offers, 213 lateral offers for higher entry placement, and 245 offersduring the final placement week.
b. Number of international placements: There were a number of International offers from firms like Deutsche Post DHL,IIFL (visited only Lucknow across all IIMs for its International Desk), Olam International, HCL Infosystems (International profile at offer only at IIM Lucknow) among others.
c. Exclusive/coveted/First-time recruiters: 53 first-time recruiters such as Amazon, BMGI, Bloomberg, Comviva, Coromandel, Deutsche Post DHL, Ford, Fujitsu Consulting, Google, HP, JFS, Lenovo, Microsoft IDC, Nereus Capital, Panasonic, Planet M, Star CJ, Subros, Tally Solutions and The Nielsen Company among others.
d. Largest recruiter on campus: Deloitte was the largest recruiter which made 24 offers.
e. Number of participating companies: A total of 206 companies participated in the placement process this year.
f. Other facts: With 22% of the offers coming from top FMCG, marketing and Market research organizations, the campus saw the largest number of marketing firms across all IIMs. Moreover, there was a paradigm positive shift in the variety of profiles offered, including international stints.