Established in 1754, Columbia University commonly referred to as Columbia University, is an American private Ivy League research university in New York City, the fifth oldest in the United States.
The university offers range of graduate and undergraduate programmes.
The university seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships globally.
- Martin Chalfie (Chemistry, 2008)
- Horst Stormer (Physics, 1998)
- Orhan Pamuk (Literature, 2006)
- Edmund Phelps (Economics, 2006)
- Richard Axel, a Columbia graduate (Physiology/Medicine, 2004)
- Joseph Stiglitz (Economics, 2001)
- Eric Kandel (Physiology/Medicine, 2000)
- Robert Mundell (Economics, 1999)