University of Windsor, Canada Established in the year 1857, The University of Windsor (U of W, UWindsor, or Windsor) is one of the oldest universities of Canada. Located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, the University is a public comprehensive and research university and the nationsâ?? most southernmost university. Currently the university is offering 150 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes to more than 16,000 students. Over the past 154 academic years, the University of Windsor has awarded more than 80,000 degrees to its students. The University of Windsor comprises of nine faculties and schools. These are:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Odette School of Business
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Human Kinetics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Science
Through its various faculties and independent schools, The University of Windsor is able to carry out various researches in fields like automotive, environmental, and social justice. Presently, emphasis on research is also given to fields like health, natural science, and entrepreneurship. Blessed by a multi-building campus that spreads across the city of Ontario, University of Windsor has also started constructing a $112-millionCentre for Engineering Innovation, which will house the Faculty of Engineering and its research centre.To know more about University of Windsor, Canada, please visit their website at http://www.uwindsor.ca/, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. University of Windsor, Canada is well known college/university among students these days.
The University of Windsor sprawls across an area of 51 hectares of land in Windsor, Ontario. Some of the infrastructural achievements are listed below:
- The university comprises of 50 state of the art buildings which are easily commutable
- In addition to the Jackman Dramatic Arts Centre and a residence hall, and a new fitness centre, University of Windsor recently completed a new Medical Education Building.
- A $112-million Centre for Engineering Innovation is also under construction.