The Darden School of Business improves society by developing principled leaders for the world of practical affairs. This drives everything we do. We follow a three-pronged approach to achieving our mission â?? student-centered learning, thought leadership and active engagement with the business community.
Like all major business schools we appreciate that business is increasingly complex and requires the ability to operate in the context of the broader society. Our students start by learning to master the foundations of business.
- The Camp Library supports teaching, learning, and research at The Darden School by acquiring, organizing, preserving, and providing access to, and delivery of, information.
- Part of the University of Virginia Library System, The Camp Library also extends information services to the local community, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and scholars around the world.
- The Camp Library's collections include over 100,000 volumes, 1,100 periodicals, and 20 online computer databases.
- The Library provides access to a wide range of electronic catalogs, databases, reference materials, and Internet resources.
- Research & Reference Services:
- Development of research strategies for: research, classroom assignments, and career search.
- Assistance with finding journal articles, data, or books.
- Database instruction available one-on-one or in teaching sessions.
- Answers to a wide range of quick reference questions.
- Books: may be borrowed for four weeks; may be renewed online or by phone.
- Journals, newspapers, magazines: over 800 business journals and magazines, 8 daily newspapers. Many articles are available electronically.
- Reserve Readings: class reserves, available from 2 to 24 hour periods.
- Career Development Resources: resources for making career choices, researching companies, writing resumes, and preparing for interviews.
- Database Access:
- Over 120 databases available for business and general research. Many are accessible from student laptops. See listing of Electronic Databases.
- Services for MBA for Executives:
- Electronic resources and databases available through the Darden portal.
- In situations where material is not available electronically, books or articles can be sent to students via E-mail, FAX, or surface mail.
- Consultation/Reference service provided by E-mail, FAX, or phone.
- More extensive consultations scheduled and provided by phone, virtual conference, or on-site appointment