University Business School was established as a Department of Commerce and Business Management of Panjab University in 1962. Re-christened in 1995, UBS offers management education with an integrative value system, which incorporates duty-bound work ethics, humane approach and scientific temper in its students.
University Business School has been recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) under Special Assistance Programme for the following thrust areas:
- Supply Chain Management,
- International Comparative Management,
- Social Responsibility,
- Human Resource Accounting,
- Investment Decision-making, and
- Innovating Financing.
UBS Chandigarh also receives Assistance for Strengthening of the Infrastructure of the Humanities and Social Science (ASIHSS) programme by UGC in these areas. Management development, consultancy and research in all the areas of management are given high priority at the School.To know more about University Business School (UBS), Panjab University, please visit their website at http://ubs.puchd.ac.in/, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. University Business School (UBS), Panjab University is well known college/university among students these days.
Prof. Meenakshi Malhotra is the Chairperson of University Business School.
The student-faculty ratio at UBS Chandigarh is about 9.2:1.
Notable faculty of UBS Chandigarh include Prof. Meenakshi Malhotra, Chairperson of the school; Prof. T N Kapoor, Founder Chairman of UBS who is involved with several professional associations and management institutes in India and abroad; Prof. S C Vaidya, an expert in strategic cost management and financial decision making; and Prof. Dinesh Gupta, an expert in strategic cost management, valuation of intangibles, and management control systems.
University Business School is located in one of the oldest universities in India - Panjab University.
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls –
- The main campus is spread over an area of over 550 acres in sectors 14 and 25, and has fairly well-marked zones
- the teaching area in the north-east, with the Central Library, Fine Arts Museum, and three-winged structure of the Gandhi Bhawan forming its core
- the sports complex, the health centre, and the shopping centre in the middle; 17 university hostels on the flanks and the south
- the residential area in the south-east, stretching into the adjacent sector 25 which also houses the newly developing University Institute of Engineering and Technology and Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital
- Two seminar halls equipped with audio-visual aids and computers
- Library – The A. C. Joshi library (Main Library) of Panjab University are among the best libraries in India. UBS also has an in-house library with more than 11,443 books and with a subscription to more than 152 Indian and international journals
- Auditorium – UBS has air-conditioned auditorium. The Gandhi Bhawan has an auditorium too.
- Computing facilities – UBS has state of the art computer laboratory with more than 50 terminals connected to high speed Internet connectivity through Computer Centre, Panjab University. Moreover, the campus is itself Wi-Fi enabled. The University is one of the 6 centers in India for super-computer facilities. It has a special centre of Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), DSC, Govt. of India. More than 500 terminals on-campus have internet connection.
- Hostels – Panjab University has 16 multi-storey hostels on campus - 8 for girls and 8 for boys. Girls can also stay in Working Women Hostel. Sports Hostel has been built for visiting sports teams. Besides two more hostels are also proposed to be constructed soon. UBS has Wi-Fi enabled residential facilities.