Established in the year 1993, KIIT University has emerged as one of the premium technical and management education centers in India. The university delivers Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Technology, Masters in Computer Application and Masters in Business Administration. These academic courses are offered from eleven sprawling campuses spread over 25, 00,000 sq. ft built up area. Abiding by its tradition of proffering high quality educational programmes, KIIT University is leading the way in employing information and communication technology in education.
An exclusive university, it also integrates technical education and social service. The very institute has promoted Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) for tribal students. This completely residential school strives to provide free education along with all the basic necessities of the students. KISS bestows the students with a blend of traditional learning and vocational training to enable them to earn a decent livelihood on completion of their studies. In addition to this, KIIT recently established KIMS, which focuses on health education through its Medical College, Dental College and Nursing School offering MBBS, BDS and Nursing courses respectively.
- One of the Largest Deemed Universities in India
- 350-acres University Campus
- Excellent Placement Record
- Faculty from IITs/IIMs/XLRI etc.
However, KIIT university is the parent institute of two most sorted out schools of management. These are:
- KIIT School Of Management(KSOM):
KSOM boasts a long history of academic brilliance and providing industry-related management education. Set up in the year 1993 Institute of Business Administration and Training (IBAT), the institute strongly believes in its vision of making itself a trend setting centre for business education. Young budding minds at this institute are offered the right balance of classroom learning and practical exposure to transform them into them successful professionals and inspiring leaders.
- KSOMhas made its presence felt from Eastern India to the whole country and by now has many remarkable achievements to its credit. The institute strives at its mission of:
- Imparting quality technical education as well as skills for solving real-life problems
- Inculcating a global perspective
- Creating leadership qualities with futuristic vision
- Fostering spirit of entrepreneurship and societal responsibilities
- Instilling the importance of ethics, morality and healthy practices in professional life
- Cultivating the habit of continual learning
- Encouraging and supporting creative abilities and research temperament
- Establishing and promoting close interaction with industries and other utility sectors and keeping abreast with state-of-the-art technology
- KIIT School Of Management(KSRM):
KSRM was mainly established keeping in view the contemporary Human Resource and Knowledge Development requirements of the rural economy in India. The institute boasts a strong tradition in research among its faculty and students to ascertain and bridge the knowledge gaps in various areas of rural management and development. The very school provides a forum to the rural management experts and practitioners possessing keen interest in rural development to reinforce the following at the local, national and international levels:
- Knowledge exchange
- Policy proofing
The university embraces a group of dedicated team of faculty members drawn from eminent institutions & business organizations in the country. As a part of the university’s new career management initiative, the students from the first year itself are well tutored by the faculty. This includes a process of personality and skill development to identify their strengths and career goals. The primary aim here is to assist students to develop their decision-making skills and strategies which would further help them in accomplishing their career interests in today’s cutthroat corporate world.
The infrastructure at KIIT is an architectural masterpiece that interplays modern design and luxuriant foliage. The below mentioned points would give you an idea about the unparalleled edifices provided to the students at two of KIIT's most sorted out schools:
- Library: The library features an extensive collection of information resources and innovative information services. These play an important role in the intellectual pursuits of KIIT's academic community. The library has been automated using LS Primea (LibSys ) and the resources can be searched by online catalogue (webopac). Collection is bar-coded.
KRADLE: KIIT School of Management (KSOM) Resource Center for Advancement and Development of Entrepreneurship orKRADLE is a two-year full time MBA program on Entrepreneurship offered by KSOM to run under the aegis of the centre.
Following are this center's key activities:
- Conduct Seminars and Workshops etc. on entrepreneurship to motivate young students to consider Entrepreneurship as a career option
- Invite Entrepreneurs and Family Business owners to interact with students
- Liaise with the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of KIIT University to help incubate promising business ideas
- Mentor promising Ideas and students willing to take up entrepreneurship as career
- Liaising with funding agencies to help deserving students / incubates secure funding for their business
- Liaising with the teaching community to provide quality inputs to participants of the MBA Entrepreneurship programme
The new academic complex of KSRM with its one of its kind architectural design perfectly integrates with the theme of the school. The 45,000 square foot building features:
- Six technologically equipped classrooms
- Four syndicate study rooms
- Spacious faculty offices
- Common spaces
- Conference space
- Student cafe
Other key highlights of this institute's infrastructure are mentioned below:
- Computing Facilities: At the institute, students are provided with laptops. The faculty and the students at the institute are endowed with a sophisticated computing environment and access to a powerful network of resources and applications. The ICT cell of the University provides advanced and modern networking facilities to the campuses, in a single loop, with wireless internet connectivity
- Hostel Facilities: The modern hostels, separate for boys and girls, with all modern facilities are provided to the students. The hostels include a provision for wireless internet connectivity besides many other amenities like dining hall, recreation room, gymnasium and facilities for indoor games.
- Student Relations: All the student affairs in the school are managed by Student Coordination Committee (SCC) duly constituted by the Director. It comprises 11 members consisting of 3 faculty members and 8 student members (at least two girl students). They decide upon issues like hostel discipline, hostel maintenance and related issues.
- Extracurricular Activities: The institute offers a wide variety of indoor games and outdoor facilities for students.
KSOM has emerged as the most desired hub for various premier Indian companies and multinationals. A good number of Indian leading Private and Public Sector Banks, Leading Indian IT players, several FMCG majors employ graduates from the campus.
At KSOM, the placement process begins early i.e. towards the end of the year. Through the placement process, students go through a Competency Assessment and Career Management programme training.
Batch Strength: 240
Total no. of company visited: 69
Total offers made: 251