- National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Deemed University), formerly known as Regional Engineering College (REC), was established in 1959 by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Institute is well known for its dedicated faculty and staff, state-of-the-art infrastructure and excellent placement.
- NIT Warangal is located on a site of 248 acres
- The institute is well-known for its Research and Development, Industrial consultancy, Continuing education and Training programmes for teachers and industrial personnel.
- Prof. N V Umamahesh Head (Civil Engineering)
- Prof. D.M Vinod Kumar Head (Electrical Engineering)
- Prof. K.Madhu Murthy Head (Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. N V S N Sharma Head (Elec. & Comm. Engineering)
- Prof. K.Chandramouli Head (Met. & Mat. Engineering)
- Prof. Y Pydisetty Head (Chemical Engineering)
- Prof.T Ramesh Head (Computer Science Engineering)
- Prof. A R C Reddy Head (Physics)
- Prof. P.Nageswara Rao Head (Chemistry)
- Prof. S.Thiruvenkataswamy Head (Mathematics & Humanities)
Motor Transport Section
- The Institute maintains a number of vehicles to cater to the needs of the institute.
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal Dispensary is a full-fledged unit with provision for a Medical Officer and two part-time medical Officers.
- It has a pathological laboratory, an ECG and an X-Ray Unit and four in-patient beds.
- The sophisticated equipment in the lab included an electronic ECG Unit, electronic binocular microscope, electronic BP apparatus with pulse reader and a mini lab with colour inset.
- Computer Centre is a central facility supporting the computing needs of students and staff of various disciplines in the Institute.
- A PC Lan of sixty systems with a variety of latest software applications from Microsoft.
- A LAN of 16 Engineering Workstations with a SUN ULTRASPARK file server and software.
- PC Hallmark Mini Computers with 32 terminals
- A Campus LAN with two file servers one in the Computer Centre, another in the Institute Library.
- All departments and individual faculty rooms are connected to the LAN.
- The department has well furnished air-conditioned classrooms.
- The entire department has the infrastructure for organizing seminars, management meets, conferences and training programs.
The IT Lab cum Digital Library:
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal houses one of the best libraries in the field of Engineering & Management Sciences.
- It has 1,23,000 books, back volumes, standards etc.
- CMS Library has press clippings, statistical publications, annual reports of top companies and financial monthlies, case studies, working paper, reports, educational videos, CD-ROMs etc.
- The state-of-art library is equipped with DELL (PentiumIV) systems providing access to on-line information i.e., journals, etc.
- Network CD-ROM server with 14 drives expandable to 28 drives installed and networked to 12 multi-media systems and a good CD Library.
- IT Lab is a central facility supporting the computing needs of the students and staff of various disciplines in the institute.
- It maintains the campus LAN services with one file server at the centre and another at the library.
- The Institute's training and placement section provides a launch pad for students to make it to the best organizations in the fields of software, core industries, management, etc.
- The biggest names in the corporate world visit the campus on a regular basis, with enviable compensation offers.