Promoted from State Engineering College to National Institute of Technology agartala in 2006,is centrally funded institute. Spread over area of 335 acres, located in sprawling and serene landscape of agartala. Some key highlights are:
- Plays a mojor role in improving the economic development in North-East states.
- Research programmes are oriented towards technical systems suitable in the Indian context.
- Campus with modern infrastructure facilities.
- 33 KV dedicated power supply through Tripura State Electricity Corporation.
- Associated with major brands for placement of students.
- National level tech fest and cultural fest are celebrated annualy.
- Students are encouraged to take part in social activities through NSS and NCC.
- Prof Dr. P.K Bose, Dirtector
- Anirban Bhattacharjee, TPO
- Prof. Richi Prasad Sharma, Dean (Academic Affairs)
- Sri Sumanta Chakrabarti, Registrar-In-Charge
- Dr. Ajoy Kumar Chakraborty, Dean (P&D)
- Dr. Prasun Chakraborti, Dean (FW)
- Dr. Ardhendu Saha, Dean (R&C)
- Dr. Rajsekhar Panua, Dean (SW)
and many more.....
- Spacious and modern class rooms.
- Library with well Facilitated Reading Room and Stock of 34,000 books & 200 Journals.
- Central Computer Laboratory with Centralised Server.
- 24x7 High Speed Wi-Fi Facility.
- State Bank of India has a branch with ATM operating from the Institute campus.
- A well-equipped Medical Unit with two senior Medical Officers and supporting staffs.
- Hostel facility.
Training and Placement cell plays an important role in preparing the students for recruitment drives.
- Best arrangement and hospitality for recruiters.
- Students volunteers are involved in arranging the placement drives.
- Appropriate class rooms for organising aptitute tests.
- Meeting rooms for organising Group Discussions.
- Video Conferencing facility for online interview