Management Development Institute (MDI) is one of the Top 5 business school in India. It was established in 1973 and is located in Gurgaon, a commercial hub near the Indian capital of New Delhi. Management Development Institute was formed as an autonomous body in 1973, in collaboration with several global institutions like UNDP, UNIDO, World Bank and ILO, with an initial grant received from KFW, West Germany, and with the active support of Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI). MDI has the distinction of being few B-schools accredited by South Asian Quality Standards (SAQS) since 2005.To know more about Management Development Institute, please visit their website at http://www.mdi.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. Management Development Institute is well known college/university among students these days.
MDI has around 70 nationally and internationally acclaimed faculty members:
- Director: Prof. Mukul P Gupta
Contact No.- 4560002
- Chairperson (PGPM): Dr. D.P. Goyal
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +91-124-4560311
- Chairperson (PGP-HR): Prof. Jyotsna Bhatnagar
Email: [email protected]
- Chairperson (PGP-IM): Dr. Gita Bajaj
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +91-124-4560175
- Chairperson (NMP): Prof. J.N. Godinho
Email : godinho[email protected]
Phone : +91-124-5013050
MDI has its own campus spread over 40 acres (lush green campus) in Gurgaon. The campus is about 12 km. from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi. It has a pretty campus teeming with red brick buildings and dotted with trees.
- 1. Administrative Building and Lecture Rooms: MDI boasts of air-conditioned class rooms. The buildings have been given such names as Gurukul, Lakshaya, Scholars, Renaissance, Parthenon etc
- 2. Library: The MDI library, called Gyan Grih, is among the best business school libraries in North India. It has a collection of over 60,000 books, in addition to electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visual materials, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports,case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc
- 3. Auditorium: MDI has an auditorium block which is used for executive training program.
- 4. Computing facilities: MDI has a computing facility consisting of 698 PC nodes. It has two computer labs with 140 computers. Online software is used for grading, course registration, faculty feedback, attendance and online evaluation. Payroll, HR, Complaint Management and other administrative activities are also managed online.
- 5. Hostels: MDI has hostels named Change Masters and Kshitij. A separate hostel for girls known as Odyssey is also present within the campus. The rooms are provided with a bed, a study table, a chair, a cupboard and the usual fixtures.
- 6. Sporting Facilities: A Golf Course, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Gymnasium, Recreation Room, T.V. Lounge and Canteen are some of the facilities provided on campus.
Other facilities available are:
- ISD/STD Telephone
- Medical aid
Social Life: For an all-round development of the students, a wide gamut of clubs have been set up under the purview of the Students Council. These include:
- Monetrix for financial freaks
- Marquity for Marketing gurus in the making
- ThinC for the IT savvy
- Opsession for the Operations enthusiasts
- HR Direction for professors in the making
- Strategist for those interested in strategy
MDI also hosts:
- Imperium, its annual inter B-school management fest
- Illumina the marketing mela
- Delphique, the management convention
Others clubs & interest groups include: