INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND SUM HOSPITAL established in the year 2005 with an objective of delivering quality health care in a cost-effective manner to the people of one of the least urbanised states of India. IMS &SUM Hospital stands as an edifice of solemnity and assurance, overlooked by the meditative KHANDAGIRI Hills as a part of a larger campus that comprises of a dental college, a nursing college, a pharmacy and biotechnology college, a school of business administration among others.
The campus is located in a beautiful picturesque surroundings adjoining, historical monuments KHANDAGIRI & UDAYAGIRI caves amidst lush greenery secluded from the chaos and pollution of the city, making an ideal location for a health resort. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India has approved admission of students to MBBS course from the academic session 2007-08 and the first batch of post graduate students was admitted in the year 2011.
The faculty of ITER has all along played a significant role in the growth and development of the institute. In addition to the academic engagement and class room transactions, all the members shoulder other responsibilities like looking after the hostels, training and placement, campus discipline, NSS, NCC, Annual Function and organizing such other activities beneficial for the institute. All of them ensure that the policies and regulation of the institute are effectively implemented for the overall development.
Got A build Up Area of 25 Acres. Established in the year 2005 with an objective of delivering quality health care in a cost-effective manner to the people of one of the least urbanised states of India. As an adjunct to health care it is committed to provide high standards of undergraduate and post graduate Medical education commensurate with international standards, bringing together educational facilities for training of personnel of all cadres in all branches of health care in order to attain self sufficiency in Medical Education.
It provides value-based medical education, helping students attain the competence and character required to live up to the highest principles of the healthcare profession.
- GUEST HOUSE :-
- The institution has fully furnished 20 nos. of guest rooms with all modern amenities and located in the hospital premesis with 2 × 7 housekeeping, Laundry, Canteen facilities.
- STAFF QUARTERS :-
- Well furnished staff quarters are available in the institute campus for Professors, Associate and Asst. Professors, Junior & Sr. Residents, Staff nurses staying in their quarters and are ready for disposing their service to the patients. 1/4th of faculties reside in the campus and have been provided with state-of-art accommodation, adequate parking space, community hall and children’s park.
- New accommodation block for faculties is nearing completion.
- The Resident doctors have been accommodated with all luxuries. Non-teaching & Nursing staff have been accommodated with all basic amenities
- OUTDOOR STADIUM :-
- SOA university stadium is a massively built cricket stadium with lush green grass, a well laid pitch and gallery facility for viewers.
- An university level National championship of 20/20 night cricket has been successfully held for last 4 yrs.
- CONFERENCE HALL :-
- The conference hall situated at the 3rd floor of the IMS hospital building with accommodation of 750 persons with cushioned push back luxury chairs.
- It is a state-of-art conference hall with centralized A/C, and latest audio visual aids.
- The conference hall is attached with a large A/C hall, Lavatory facility.
- National and International workshop, conferences, seminars are regularly held here adhering to high standards of continuing medical education.
- IMS CANTEEN :-
- Hospital is strategically located on the basement for easy approach by patients, Patients attendants and staffs of the institution.
- The quality of food is continuously monitored by appropriate authority and RO filtered drinking water is available.
- The faculties, staff, students, patients attendants have separate dining halls which are well ventilated, lighted and with proper chair table facilities.
- There is a separate wash and drinking water facility for each hall. The patients are provided with food along their bed side at appropriate time as per the dieticians advice, which is specific for that patient as per his/her illness.
- The canteen is professionally managed and has dedicated team of trained staff of 50 numbers who take care of preparing, serving the food and maintaining appropriate cleanness and hygiene. In this canteen snacks, vegetarian, fast food, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc. are available to cater to the needs of students and staff. The well lay out tables, neat serving counter excellent sanitation and cosy atmosphere make it a most frequented place in the institute. The added attraction is the coffee kiosk set up by Nescafe.
- MULTIACTIVITY CENTER :-
- Multi activity centre where the extra curricular activities are encouraged. Multi Gym. for physical training which is separate for Boys & Girls with qualified instructures. Yoga, Dance, Music, (Vocal and instrumental) Fine arts, , etc. both classical & western for the students under well trained instructors.
- The IMS Rock Band has made a name for itself at state as well as national level and comprises of MBBS student only.
- The medical students have excellent opportunity to not only to destress from the academic rigor but also show case as well as persue their passions.
- WIFI CAMPUS- 24*7 Wi-fi.
- Infertility Clinic
- Plastic Surgery
- Free OP & IP Services