Institute of Management Nirma University or IMNU established in 1996 was started with a view to promote excellence in management education and prepare the young men & women to meet the challenges of the developing corporate world. Emerged as an excellent business school, it was ranked amongst the top 15 B-Schools in the country through a survey conducted by AIMA. Located on the outskirts of AhmedabadCity, it is about 5 Kms from the New Gujarat High Court, 25 Kms from the Railway Station/Air-port and about 20 Kms from the Income Tax Circle, Ashram Road.
The flagship programme of the institute is MBA, a programme of 2 year duration. It mainly aims to mould future managers – the business architects who would contribute to the corporate world through their impeccable service and leadership. Last year 181 students joined this programme with 100% placement.To know more about Institute of Management Nirma University, please visit their website at http://www.imnu.ac.in, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. Institute of Management Nirma University is well known college/university among students these days.
Prof. Gopalakrishnan C is the director of IMNU
There are a total of 31 full time Faculty with 21 faculty having PhDs.
There are 37 visiting faculty
Listed below are the notable faculty members of this institute:
Prof. Sanjay Jain
Designation: Associate Professor (Marketing)
Experience: Industry (5 Years) Academia (7 Years)
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Doctoral-Fellowship from Indian Council of Social Science and Research (ICSSR), New Delhi
- Faculty Development Program from IIM-Ahmedabd
- Worked with prestigious Pharmaceutical companies such as; Lupin, Wockhardt and Ipca Laboratories in different capacities.
- Total seven years of experience prior to join NirmaUniversity, worked with PacificUniversity, Udaipur and IMS-Ghaziabad
Designation: Director & Professor (Entrepreneurship & Strategy)
Experience: Industry (5 Years) Academia (30 Years)
- Bachelors Eco Hons., St.StephensCollege
- Masters Econometrics, DelhiSchool of Economics
- PGDM International Business, IMI Delhi
- PhD International Business, PatnaUniversity
- MSc Social Policy & Development, LondonSchool of Economics
- Members, Strategic Management Society, USA
- Member, EABIS, Brussels
- Conducted training programmes for both PSUs (SAIL, BHEL, IOCL, NTPC etc) and Corporate Sector (L&T, St Gobain, Wellspun Corp, Data Quest, Tatasetc)
Pawan kumar Chugan
Designation: Professsor ( Intl. Business & Economics)
Experience : Industry (25 Years) Academia (8 Years)
- Ph. D. (Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi)
- M. A. Economics
- MPS, JNU New Delhi
- Post Masters Diploma in National Economic Planning (WarsawSchool of Economics)
- Worked for India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) in various capacities for about 25 years
- Headed the Western Region Office of Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO) Mumbai as a Dy. Director General
- Served as the Hon. Executive Secretary to India Iran Chamber of Commerce under the aegis of FIEO Mumbai.
- Visiting Professor for international business at Mazandaran University of Science and Technology, Babol, Iran; Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar and AmityGlobalBusinessSchool, Ahmedabad.
- An expert panel member/examiner of Institute of Company Secretaries of India and member of professional/management associations such as: Association of Indian Management Scholars, Houston; Indian Society of Labour Economics, New Delhi; Indian Society of Training and Development, New Delhi and Regional Science Association, India, Kolkata.
Designation: Professor (IT)
Experience : Industry (27 Years) Academia (5 Years)
- M Sc.
- Spent with major Indian corporate houses like Essar Group, Jindal Group, Floatglass India Ltd. (Tata Asahi JV), Merc Electronics Ltd., Alkem Laboratories Ltd. and Nirma Ltd. as the head of Information Technology Department.
Designation: Professor (Strategy and Finance)
Experience : Industry (13 Years) Academia (16 Years)
- PGDM (IIMC)
- B. Tech. (IIT-B)
- Worked in chemical industry and for several years as a Consultant
- Engaged in teaching and research
- Classrooms: Air-conditioned, equipped with multimedia and audio-visual equipments, it is designed to promote maximum interaction and has Internet connectivity through wireless and local area network
- Library- 21,000 volumes of books including resources relevant to teaching, learning, training, research and consultancy needs of the Institute. 148 printed, national & international, periodicals subscribed to so that the participants keep themselves updated with the trends in the global market place. The strength of the library collection are the electronic resources that include online databases like EBSCO’s Business Source Premier, Science Direct, Blackwell, Oxford University Press, Frost and Sullivan, Emerald, Asian CERC, CMIE’s Prowess and Industry Analysis, MAGINDIA, IndiaStat, etc. 2nd and 3rd floor of the building act as dormitories for girls and boys respectively
- State-of-the-art gigabit network connecting every student and faculty member with a networked personal computer at his or her disposal. A 16 Mbps dedicated optic fiber leased line and wi-fi hotspots with 24X7 internet connectivity. Latest softwares namely SPSS v15 and Oracle v8, among others. Internet and Intranet mail servers are also available to students and faculty round the clock.
- Hostel: Separate hostels for girls and boys, spacious and well-furnished. Students have their own computers with Local Area Network connectivity & Internet connectivity. The hostel also has sports and other recreational facilities for the students. The hostel mess is administered by a private contractor and vegetarian food is available in meals.
- Wi-fi enabled campus
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities: Table-Tennis Room, a Volleyball court, a Lawn Tennis court, a Basketball court as well as a Football and Cricket ground
- Well equipped modern gymnasium and health club.
- Canteen apart from the regular mess facility
- Multi-cuisine restaurant - Madhurya on the campus
- Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd. with ATM facility located within the campus premises
- Medical Facilities
- In-Coming Calls
- Clubs including literary, arts as well as programme clubs including: Niche (Marketing), Finesse (Finance Club), Clique (IT Club), Imprints (HRM Club)
- Events such as: CEO Lecture Series, Finance Conclave, Marketing Conclave, Institute Seminar Series, International Conference, HR Conclave, Student Study Circle
The Institute placement record has been consistently improving with 100% placements.
Sector-wise Percentage of placement
Telecommunication - 13%
Automobile - 2%
Banks - 17%
Engineering & Manufacturing - 6%
Financial services - 22%
Information Technology & Consulting - 26%
Insurance - 8%
Marketing Research - 3%
Retail - 3%