Institute for Financial Management and Research, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) is a leading business school with a strong focus on finance. The Institute has an excellent faculty with high scholastic and project consultancy achievements. Institute is a leading business school with the objective of moulding bright and ambitious young managers into effective executives in a global setting.
IFMR was sponsored by ICICI, the House of Kotharis and other major industrial groups. The Board of Governors includes leaders of major corporations in India. The Finance Secretary, Government of Tamilnadu, and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Madras are ex officio board members.
Institute is Recognized as a Social Science Research Institute by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, IFMR is approved as an institution of national importance by the Ministry of Finance.
Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) is an AICTE Approved Institution.
- Mr. N Vaghul - Chairman, Board of Governors, IFMR
- Dr. Nachiket Mor - Member, Board of Governors, IFMR
- Mr. Rajivan Krishnaswamy - President
- Mr. R L Shankar - Executive Director – CAFS, MS in Computational Finance
- Dr. Jessica Wallack - Director – CDF, Ph.D. in Political Economics
- Well stocked with books, audio-visual material including CD ROMs, magazines, journals, and project reports.
- Repository of World Bank publications.
- Extensive research material from all over the globe
- Publications by renowned management gurus
- Library is also a recommended reference library for many B-schools and other colleges located in Chennai.
- Quality food
- Audio visual aids
- Computers with Internet connectivity
- IFMR is located in the heart of the city in a well-developed 1.5-acre campus.
- Conference Room
- Rooms Facilities are also available for management trainees and guests.
- Study Hall
- Shuttle Court
- Recreation Hall
Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) has a very good placement record of 100% till 2008.
- More than 90 % of the batch was offered more than 6.0 lakhs; offers of more than 7.0 lakhs were made to more than a third of the batch.
- The highest offer was made by UBS for Rs.8.5 lakhs, a commendable 13.3 % increase from last year's Rs.7.5lakhs. The average CTC is expected to be Rs 6.8 lakhs which will be an increase of 20.3 % from last year's Rs.5.6 lakhs.