IIM Bangalore (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore ) Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) has several Centres of Excellence in various areas ranging from Public Policy and Corporate Governance to Insurance to Financial Markets and Risk Management. The N.S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning is a catalyst for entrepreneurial activity and a well-known incubation centre for startup ventures.
IIM Bangalore has a carefully selected mix of students with diversity, and the largest Student Exchange Programme amongst all B-schools in India with several partner universities across North America, Europe and Australia.
The institute has also been selected as Member of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) - an honour awarded only to 178 B-schools worldwide.
A 100-acre oasis in south Bangalore, IIM Bangalore provides an idyllic environment to engage in management studies, academics and learning with its all-stone architecture, world-class infrastructure, lush verdant woods and landscaped gardens.
The pedagogy of the institute includes lectures and seminars, and highly interactive case-based and student-centered learning. IIMB maintains its own Teaching and Learning Centre for Excellence that follows a proactive approach to the further development of innovative teaching and learning in management education based on sound research methods.
The annual intake of students at IIM Bangalore in its PGP program is 377. It accepts 74 students for its EPGP program too.To know more about IIM Bangalore (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore ), please visit their website at http://www.iimb.ernet.in/, where you can check news update, application form, exam dates, admit cards, placement drive dates, and more other important details. IIM Bangalore (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore ) is well known college/university among students these days.
Since December 2007, Prof. Pankaj Chandra is the Director of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
There are about 106 full-time faculty members in IIM Bangalore, out of which 103 are PhDs/Fellows in Management.
At present, first year batch at IIM Bangalore has a strength of about 377 students.
So, we can safely say that the student-faculty ratio at IIMB is about 3.6:1.
Past and present faculties at IIM Bangalore include many prominent scholars such as Prakash Apte, UTI Chair in Capital Market Studies; S. Sadagopan, Founder Director of IIITs; J. Ramachandran, former Vice President of Management Services at Reliance Industries; and R. Narayanaswamy; an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) of ICAI and Associate Member of ICWAI and ICSI.
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls â??The stone architecture of the academic and administrative blocks and the greenery surrounding it is ideal for intellectual pursuits of students.
- IIMB Library â??55,000 square feet independent building with a reading area that can accommodate more than 200 users, IIMB library has a collection of 2.35 lakh documents and access to 72 e-resources.
- Auditorium â?? It hosts major functions like guest lectures, convocation etc.
- Computing facilities â?? Only fully Wi-Fi enabled campus. High speed Internet, highly resourceful intranet, sharing software, and internal messenger are available.
- Hostels â?? IIMB has 10 hostel blocks, one executive block and the executive accommodation at the Management Development Center, popularly known as MDC.
- Bank & Post office
- Travel Agency
- Medical Centre
- Citibank ATM
- Music room with good acoustics, electric guitars, bass, amps and a Tama drum-kit
- Sports Facilities include infrastructure for tsepak, soccer, cricket, tennis, basket ball, volley ball, throw ball, badminton, indoor games etc.
- Events organized are Unmaad - annual inter-collegiate literary/cultural festival, Vista â?? annual International Business Fest, Eximus â?? management fest that celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurship etc.
- Student-run clubs include MASH- Marketing Club, Networth- the Finance Club, StartUp- the Entreprenuership, Vikasana- the social consciousness club etc.
- Options outside campus: Expensive 'happening' pubs include 180 Proof, Urban Edge, Mars 21, and Sparks. Pecos and Purple Haze offers best rock music. While you can find pubs, restaurants, malls etc on Brigade road, Commercial Street is good for shopping buffs. Attraction spots include Vidhan Soudha, Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, Cubbon Park, and ISKCON Temple. Foodies must try The Only Place and The Bangalore Bistro for Italian food, Ebony, Topkapi, Queens for Indian food, and MTR in Jayanagar for South Indian food.