Promoted from State Engineering College to National Institute of Technology agartala in 2006,is centrally funded institute. Spread over area of 335 acres, located in sprawling and serene landscape of agartala. Some key highlights are:
- Plays a mojor role in improving the economic development in North-East states.
- Research programmes are oriented towards technical systems suitable in the Indian context.
- Campus with modern infrastructure facilities.
- 33 KV dedicated power supply through Tripura State Electricity Corporation.
- Associated with major brands for placement of students.
- National level tech fest and cultural fest are celebrated annualy.
- Students are encouraged to take part in social activities through NSS and NCC.