A program that prepares individuals to perform text typing, table construction, and document formatting tasks on personal computers at a high rate of accuracy and proficiency. Includes instruction in keyboarding skills, word processor operation, textual draft interpretation, audio and tape dictation, and specific word processing program software.
Students will use correct keyboarding technique. This includes the following:
- Eyes on copy or screen; not on keys.
- Fingers curved and oriented to home row.
- Correct fingers used for keystrokes.
- Key with smooth rhythm and quiet hands.
- Forearms parallel to slant of keyboard; wrists low but not resting on any surface.
- Proper sitting posture: body centered with feet providing balance and elbows naturally at sides.